Hi all! Sorry for the late post but it’s taken a while to get confirmation on what was happening. This morning Bianca and Paul both left Camp 2 and started heading up towards Camp 3. About 2/3 of the way there I heard from Paul saying he felt his breathing was too strained and he wasn’t feeling strong enough. He then made the decision to turn back to Camp 2 as he felt his pace would hold up the group.
I’ve now heard from Bianca and she is safe and sound at Camp 3 with the three Sherpas – Pemba, Rajesh and Dawa Dorje. She is feeling fine and Paul said she is looking great.
Paul is now back at Camp 2 although he is not feeling to good – coughing and breathing hard. Hopefully he will improve with some rest. There is Oxygen there if he needs it too.
Although not perfect, this is a scenario that we’d spoken about and Bianca has her own supplies of everything, plenty of experience, and knows what she’s doing. Hopefully Paul and I will both be able to be on radios to her once she’s on the final leg as well.
Update: I just spoke with both Paul and Bianca on the radio. Paul said he is still struggling to catch his breath, but his voice sounded ok.
Bianca said she’s feeling good and sounds very positive. We talked about the plan tomorrow. She will leave very early ~4:30am to get to Camp 4 so that she has a good rest before leaving for the top!
Update: I just spoke with both Paul and Bianca on the radio. Paul said he is still struggling to catch his breath, but his voice sounded ok.
Bianca said she’s feeling good and sounds very positive. We talked about the plan tomorrow. She will leave very early ~4:30am to get to Camp 4 so that she has a good rest before leaving for the top!


