Everest 2026

Not going :(

13 May 2026 · By Bianca

We have just received new forecast that is showing high winds near the summit and have decided not to go tonight.

I told myself that I wanted a clear weather window and so far it isn’t. Last year certain models said the winds would be okay, and others said they would be strong – they were very strong. With this uncertainty between models that we’re seeing already from base camp, in my opinion it is best to wait here until there is a clearer window.

Waiting in camp 2 is not good for our bodies as it’s too high, so base camp is a much more comfortable place to wait.

Yes, there might be people that will summit on the day that I had planned to if I left tonight, but either way I could have regrets. I wanted to summit early on in the season so badly, and it really sucks to not go now, but I am making what myself, my experienced parents and other experienced climbers around me believe is the most educated decision. It’s still early on in the season, and patience is absolute key here.

I’m very paranoid over weather this time around, and since I went later in the season last year, I attributed that as part of the reason I didn’t succeed. However a repeat could very easily happen if I go early in an unclear window.

Anyways, thank you for the support here on my blog, and for all of the kind messages on instagram. I’m not sure when I will head up, but in a couple of days.